We are often asked about the need for a survey when purchasing with Cash.
We would generally always recommend either :-
A Building Survey - a more detailed report usually more suited to older buildings.
A Home - Buyer Report - is the less comprehensive of the two and more usually recommended to the newer builds.
Considering a house purchase is probably the largest single purchase of most peoples life, having the peace of mind of a professional surveyor really should not be overlooked.
In general terms the surveyor will consider
* The condition of roof and timbers.
* Damp test the walls.
* Consider the damp proofing, drainage and insulation.
* Visually inspect the features of the property, out buildings and garage.
* Estimate the rebuilding cost for insurance purposes.
* Detail faults, advise on specialist, where required.
* Identify any subsidence.
* Advise, if immediate problems need further investigation.
We have several local surveyors that we can happily recommend.